Release Notes 6.4.20 / 3.2.2
- We resolved an issue where downloading watermarked files was not working in Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut.
Release Notes 6.3.20 / 3.2.0
What's New – Spotlight Updates
- Link to Page: Users can create internal links to template pages from gallery tiles.
- Link to Stage: Users can link galleries to stages, including the addition of new Stage element.
- Custom Templates: Spotlight now supports templates designed by 3rd parties in addition to internally designed templates.
- Lightbox Carousel: Users can easily navigate assets using arrow keys on their keyboard in this new view.
- Text selection/Highlight state in the application is now readable.
- Copywriting messages in the upload manager is now clearer.
- Internal Tooling: Spotlight thumbnails no longer consumes fullstory sessions.
- Spotlight: Improved loading speed by optimizing font use.
- Admin/Sharing: Toast notifications are applied consistently throughout the app.
Release Notes 5.28.20 / v.3.1.2
- In Spotlight, we resolved an issue in the template editor's Grid Option section where height properties would show "NaN," preventing our users from entering a numerical value. Users can now enter numerical value in the heights property for Grid Option.
- In Spotlight, we resolved an issue with the browser's back and forward buttons not working for different Spotlight pages. Users can now navigate these buttons smoothly in Spotlight.
Release Notes 5.27.20 / v.3.1.1
- In Team tab, we replaced user titles with email addresses to appear in the project team rows. Users are able to securely and quickly identify the email addresses of each user when adding, removing or inviting users to a project.
- In Spotlight, users now have the ability to drag and drop a playlist to create an empty gallery.
- In Spotlight, we resolved a couple of minor visual issues, such as an Options menu displaying incorrectly and background images and color not updating. These issues are both resolved now, so users will have a smoother experience.
- In Projects, we resolved an issue where viewing a project and then returning to the content grid would reorder all projects. Users will no longer encounter this issue if they click into a project and then return back to main page.
- We fixed the issue for our desktop users being incorrectly prompted to select a download location when logging into the desktop app.
- We also made a small fix to the font colors for Title and Description for the right-side drawer when asset is selected for editing.
Release Notes 5.21.20 / v.3.1.0
- Our Global Search now supports Metadata filter as an option. Users can now search, locate and track assets in SHIFT by searching with metadata filter.
- We made some minor improvements to our zoom controls and image resizing for a smoother experience for our users.
- We resolved an issue where our SSO users would encounter a confusing message upon login. Our SSO users will no longer see this.
- We fixed an issue where users were able to visibly drag-and-drop a multi-versioned file to a non-versioned file, an action SHIFT does not support. Users will no longer see this.
- Safari users will not see a UI defect in an empty directory when using the drag-and-drop functionality.
- We enforced editing asset permission to the INFO drawer tabs in both asset grid and asset detail page. The ability to edit in the INFO section will now reflect the user's permissions.
Release Notes 5.18.20 / v.3.0.5
- We added some new filter options for the Spotlight playlist while users are viewing projects or assets. Users can now sort by Playlist type.
- Users who delete a Spotlight Playlist will now receive a confirmation notification before doing so, which eliminates accidental deletions.
- We fixed a particular issue related to empty project states that improves our user performance.
- We brushed up our tagging system, so users will no longer encounter issues with certain tags sticking while others do not.
- Some feature gate issues have been resolved.
- We made some additional fixes to our UI to make sure our users have visual consistency while using SHIFT, including minor fixes to dropdown menus and page title updates.
- We further tightened our security and made some theming adjustments.
Release Notes 5.15.20 / v.3.0.4
- We resolved an issue with folders not appearing in the Preview mode of a Spotlight before generating a Link. Now users can see their uploaded folders immediately in the Preview mode.
Release Notes 5.14.20 / v.3.0.3
- We resolved an issue with a search filter causing the app to crash. Search filters are now working smoothly.
Release Notes 5.14.20 / v.3.0.2
- Users now can clone their Spotlight templates!
- We added a drag previewer for documents.
- All asset types will appear in the Media Browser feature of left panel in Spotlight editor mode.
- Thumbnails will now generate in the Media Browser.
- Our app no longer crashes when a Spotlight playlist is deleted.
- Drag action will now properly respect enforced user permissions.
- We resolved a minor issue with our zoom control.
Release Notes 5.14.20 / v.3.0.1
- We revamped our search experience. Users can now search by using new filter options including (but not limited to) file type, modifications by date, tags and more.
- Our look just got darker. We have introduced the new dark theme to SHIFT. What do you think?
- We added the ability to right-click to add projects directly on our users' projects page.
- Users will now hit appropriate feature limits around the app, guiding our users better around SHIFT.
- Some updates to product analytics.
- We further strengthened our security with permissions throughout the app.
- Changing a user's role in the Team page will no longer temporarily remove the users' avatar.
- Uploading or updating an image to your workspace is now taking effect immediately.
- We fixed an issue with image thumbnails not generating shortly after uploading image files. Users will now see thumbnails promptly.
Release Notes 4.27.20 / v.2.6.0
- Resolved an issue with Customize feature in Spotlight: Users can now edit their Spotlight presentations using Customize.
Release Notes 4.27.20 / v.2.6.0
- Resolved an issue with Customize feature in Spotlight: Users can now edit their Spotlight presentations using Customize.
Release Notes 4.24.20 / v.2.6.0
- Updated security for Spotlight password-protected links
Release Notes 4.23.20 / v.2.5.0
- Improved Uploading Project Thumbnail performance: Users who upload project thumbnails will notice an improvement in performance.
- Introduced theming support to Spotlight playlist modal.
- Minor visual improvements made in Spotlight.
- Resolved aspect ratio issues during fullscreen playback mode when user clicks into a share link on Google Chrome via Android device.
- Resolved issue with Fill Asset Thumbnail (in My Profile > Preferences) and user not being able to check it on/off.
- Resolved issue for Windows users from using copy/paste functionality in Spotlight.
- Resolved issue with lasso tool selection
Release Notes 4.22.20 / v.2.4.0
- Ability to scrub frames in the Poster Frame Editor: Users can now use directional arrow keys and shortcuts to scrub frame-by-frame in order to edit the asset thumbnail image.
- SafeStream Usage in Admin panel: Usage numbers have been rounded.
- Minor performance adjustments to share modal performance.
- Resolved an issue with the group folder action and using it with a large of number of assets not committing.
- Resolved a height issue of the desktop app, now allowing users to re-scale page size.
- Resolved a scrolling issue occurring in the Admin panel, now allowing users to fully see the content of their entire page.
- Minor bug fixes
Release Notes 4.21.20 / v.2.3.3
- Fixed issue with folder navigation in a Spotlight playlist
Release Notes 4.16.20 / v.2.3.2
- Resolved display issue for files in Spotlight
- Resolved issue with duplicate templates appearing in Spotlight's templates list
- Improved uploading performance when uploading many files at once
Release Notes 4.15.20 / v.2.3.1
- Resolved a speed issue when a user uploads many small files
Release Notes 4.14.20 / v.2.2.1
- Sort Option is now available to Grid and List View modes
- Added right-click functionality on asset tile to open context menu
- Added Search and Sort Options to Project Tree
- Added shortcut keys for hard refresh to desktop app
- Resolved styling issues to dropdown menus
Release Notes 4.7.20 / v2.1.1
- Introduced List View mode to both Projects and Assets
- Added full context menu for assets in List View
- Added folder download functionality
- Resolved an issue with keyboard shortcuts
Release Notes 3.30.20 / v2.1.1
- Introduced Poster Frame Editor for customizing asset thumbnails. Users with editing permissions can see and use this feature
- Project tree now supports auto-expand for projects containing folders
- Removed expand icon for projects without folders in the project tree
- Long names and emails now appear truncated in Team settings
- Resolved issue with overlapping UI in share modal
- Resolved issue with project cloning
Release Notes 3.20.20 / v2.0.18
- User can now sort folders alphabetically by titles
- Asset description boxes will now show longer bodies of texts without cutting off
- Minor adjustments to cosmetic appearances of buttons
Release Notes 3.17.20 / v2.0.17
- Added "Open" and "Open in Folder" options for Download Manager, opening the file in user's local system
- Added expanding and collapsing button for folders to improve folder section visibility for bulk actions
- Removed folder scrolling in the asset browse
Release Notes 3.16.20 / v2.0.16
- Scroll position and navigation within Project Settings pages and Asset Detail will now be remembered during page navigation
- Added appropriate error notifications for folder move action via content grid and project tree
- Resolved styling issues causing folder context menu to appear over asset grid
- Adjusted styling for dropdown menu in Team tab to prevent overlapping
- Removed Project Tree (left drawer) in Asset Detail screen
Release Notes 3.12.20 / v2.0.15
- Added Focus Mode feature to the Asset Detail page, allowing users to view assets in fullscreen display
- Users can now create folders from selected assets by selecting the assets first and then clicking "Add Folder"
- Updated Appcues Tour
- Resolved issues with user permissions and shares
- Resolved issue with tool tips sticking to page
- Project thumbnails will now appear in global search
- Removed "Upgrade" option in the user profile menu
- Resolved UI issues in My Profile and project customization tab
Release Notes 3.10.20 / v2.0.14
- Resolved issue with asset sorting
Release Notes 3.5.20 / v2.0.12
- Replaced original project modal with the new Project Settings (Files-Team-Settings)
- Updated Asset Detail screen that now supports carousel view
- Revamped Project Tree to show contained folders
- Added asset Metadata & Tagging features to the right drawer of the Asset Detail page
- Added "Open" and "Open in Folder" actions in the Upload Manager, which now takes users to the Asset Detail page and asset location in a project, respectively.
- Added "Restore" feature in asset versioning, which allows users to restore older versions of assets to most recent
- Users can now upload folders containing assets
- Introduced Sort Options in Projects, with options to customize thumbnail sizes and items per page on screen
- Introduced inline editing for assets tiles
- Removed infinite scroll in place of in-app pagination in the Projects page
- Polished cosmetic changes and upgraded Projects page, including the static header and adjustable width of Project Tree, slim view of folders, and collapsible and expandable headers
- Improved search experience by globalizing search everywhere in the app
- Improved performance with asset thumbnail and project banner rendering
- Administrators and Project Managers are now redirected to Projects upon successful login; Users without editing permission will be taken directly to Feed
- Resolved issue with switching workspaces for MFA-enabled users
- Resolved issue with incorrect invited user count in projects
- Resolved incorrect tab highlighting
- Removed "Restore" option for most recent versioned asset
- Only active users will now appear in Team section
Release Notes 1.15.20 / v1.58.5
- Released Appcues in-app tour for new users.
- Resolved data points related to Appcues tour updates.
Release Notes 1.16.20 / v1.58.6
- Security updates: Resolved issue for select accounts not displaying MediaSilo shares in their Feed.
- Removed extraneous requests to optimize system.
Release Notes 7.9.2019 / v1.50.0
- Added a revamped Workspace Domain Switcher
- Added Workplace Branding
- Added Fit/Fill settings
- Updated Navigation Bar
- Improved comment tracking
- Creators now have access to the Administration Portal
- Bug fixes associated with the new features
Release Notes 6.20.2019 / v1.49.3
- Added a button to expose plaintext passwords on Create Link
- Implemented a fix for multi-downloads failing under select circumstance
- Clarified text on share modal recipient entry
Release Notes 6.14.2019 / v1.49.2
- Resolved intermittent Chrome playback error.
Release Notes 6.14.2019 / v1.49.1
- Updated terms and privacy disclaimer on login page
- Added support for Appcues advanced usage
- We updated our login page copy to show a single, correct message for SSO v2 login.
Release Notes 6.11.2019 / v1.49.0
- Users can now access their sent expired Review Links in read-only form to survey existing Link feedback.
- Resolved: after upload, moving an asset would cause another to disappear from the Contents Grid display.
- We resolved a bug where users were unable to select the start point in a video.
Release Notes 6.4.2019 / v1.48.1
- Resolved display bug for Review Links for some Safari users
Release Notes 4.18.2019 / v1.48.0
- Added Link progress and download events for better reporting
- Avatars on profile images were not centered if dimensions were not square
- Searches including backslashes returned no results, caused defects
- We now focus Project Name input when creating new project via Plus Menu
- Improved shift select on Admin Users list for easier multi-select
Release Notes 4.16.2019 / v1.47.2
- Improved player controls for small and vertical videos
- Comments on older versions in Review were not always viewable
- Improved UX for Aspect Guide Ratio
Release Notes 4.04.2019 / v1.47.1
- Project modal was sometimes counting inactive users against total
Release Notes 4.03.2019 / v1.47.0
- Project Owner was sometimes blank on Project creation
- Basic mode of the Project Modal User tab was missing an empty state
- User avatars would sometimes disappear after editing a Link in Sent Items
- The Project Modal had no users listed when opened from Global Search
- Command + A selected all text within the Contents Grid, including expanded drawers
- “Invite” was changed to “Add” in reference to user creation and addition across the application
- Resolved a display defect on View Notification emails
Release Notes 4.02.2019 / v1.46.3
- New feature: QC Overlay. In Review Links users now have the option to enable a number of Quality Control Overlays in a variety of aspect ratios on top of their videos.
Release Notes 4.01.2019 / v1.46.2
- New designs for Invalid and Expired Magic Links.
Release Notes 3.25.2019 / v1.46.1
- New upgrade path modals for Creator accounts who require more storage, users, projects, Link security and control.
Release Notes 3.25.2019 / v1.46.0
- Error upon project creation if the Users tab was not saved before moving on to the third Project Modal tab
- Viewing a mobile Review Link wouldn't add you to the Link’s audience
- Application error if same contextual search term entered twice in a row on contents grid
- Team tab did not optimistically update to reflect Project Modal changes
- Resolved inability to add new users as Project Owners via the Overview tab of Project Modal
- Right click in the Project Modal showed the contextual error of the grid beneath it
- First press of enter key would not open password-protected Feed cards in Chrome
- Disabled input after submitting data on sign-in form
Release Notes 3.20.2019 / v1.45.2
- Review Links for mobile phones are live
Release Notes 3.15.2019 / v1.45.1
- Fix file rename for image assets on desktop
Release Notes 3.15.2019 / v1.45.0
- Implemented Trial Expiration Modal
- Improved messaging for Links with 0 assets
- Implemented shell tracking
- Resolved regressions in the Project Modal’s Basic and Advanced modes
- Shift to share would occasionally fail if application was not focused
- Assets call was not always firing in alternate projects when files were being uploaded
- Sent Items empty state showed hostname, not Workspace name
- In the Administration portal, it appeared possible to edit the Project Owner role
- In the Administration portal, newly-added Managers displayed incorrectly
- After versioning 2 assets, the destination tile for a versioned asset would not increase in value.
- In the Contents Grid, uploading new assets would cause the asset count to fluctuate.
Release Notes 3.13.2019 / v1.44.1
- Fixed desktop multi-download.
Release Notes 3.7.2019 / v1.44.0
- We disabled manual refresh of the desktop shell while a user is uploading.
- On the desktop shell, authorizing the Google Drive integration did not redirect back to the app.
- There were issues with shift key selection while paginating in the Contents Grid.
- Adding a new-to-SHIFT user via the Project Modal while creating the project would put the Invite button in an infinite loading state.
- Occasional failures sharing Links after versioning assets.
Release Notes 3.7.2019 / v1.43.0
- Users added in the Project Modal's Advanced mode were not always added to the project.
- Depending on the number of assets within your grid, selection would intermittently cause the grid to appear empty
- Sharing to a project's Team tab would infrequently send Links with 0 assets
- Safari Magic Link login was defective
- Minor error messaging validation change to Google Auth flow
Release Notes 3.6.2019 / v1.42.0
- SHIFT is out of Early Access and we have launched SHIFT for Teams in addition to our existing SHIFT for Creator accounts.
- SHIFT for Teams accounts support multiple users on a workspace, in which they may be assigned roles on projects which determine actions they may take on assets within.
- SHIFT for Teams accounts support private and password-protected Review Links in addition to the public links available to Creator accounts, and senders have greater control over a Review Link’s expiration setting.
- Administrators on SHIFT for Teams accounts have access to an Administration panel for managing users, settings and roles on the account.
- SHIFT for Teams accounts additionally have a more robust Project Modal with advanced user management and project settings.
- Shift-to-share: while dragging assets from your computer into your projects, hold down the shift key on your keyboard to automatically bring up the Sharing Modal. Enter recipients, and once your assets finish uploading and processing the link will be sent out.
- SHIFT now supports SSO on the account level.
- Watermarked asset playback (visual and forensic) in SHIFT is live.
- Large-scale refactor of the Contents Grid for performance
- Several improvements to Uploading functionality and display
- General UI adjustments throughout application
- Refactor of drag-and-drop functionality for performance
- Resolved a number of bugs around user permissions
- Resolved bugs around workspace switching
- Removal and re-implementation of SHIFT application tour
Release Notes 1.18.2019 / v1.40.3
- Additional HubSpot support
Release Notes 1.17.2019 / v1.40.2
- Prevent showing HubSpot cookie warning on page load
Release Notes 1.10.2019 / v1.40.1
- Resolved a player timeout in Review after 30 minutes of paused time.
- Form validation was throwing an error too early on My Profile.
- Enforcing registration modal of first/last name on every page if not grabbed during initial registration.
Release Notes 12.12.2018 / v1.40.0
- We removed desktop notification for Link views, as they can be overwhelming. Email notifications of Link views are still present, and total views can be surveyed in Sent Items.
- We removed the current application tour in advance of a new one
- There was no asset approval desktop notification.
- There was a path which caused the user to arrive in Recent Items when they meant to arrive in Projects.
- Comment seek from a Feed card was not selecting the comment in question when transitioned to the Review link.
- Desktop comment notifications were showing the Link title as “Undefined” in some cases.
- Feed filters were not optimistically updating to reflect the proper read/unread statuses.
- Similarly, the red dot on the Feed icon indicating an unread Feed item was not properly updating.
- Emails and Feed cards resulting from a new Link were including the sender as a recipient.
- Items received while the Feed was open could not be marked as done.
- We removed an integration from the Feed as it currently cannot connect.
- Version upload was possible on the contents grid.
Release Notes 12.04.2018 / v1.39.0
- We now allow all special characters to be uploaded and SHIFT will preserve them in your asset title, although we may strip or change these characters in the asset filename itself.
- We have suppressed self-notifications, meaning that any actions you perform on your own Review links or Projects will not trigger an email or desktop notification for yourself. We assume that if you comment on your own link then you’re already aware of it.
- Your sharing wizard’s sort order tab now offers both grid and list view displays for easy editing.
- The sort order in the sharing modal was defective and not always sticking.
- Additionally, the sharing modal was blurry on the web.
- Avatars were not properly updating in various areas of the application.
- Asset approval emails were being sent twice.
- Drag and drop versioning was broken on the asset detail page.
- Imported image, audio and document files were being renamed upon download.
- It was possible to print and download documents from the viewer even after the download option was disabled on a Review link.
- There was an app crash if a user performed a contextual search within a project which returned no results and then opened the left-hand Project tree drawer.
- Expired items were not being marked as read, and marking all Feed cards as “Done” with the “Unread” filter on was causing an infinite spinner.
- We fixed an issue with the asset count within newly-created projects.
Release Notes 11.20.2018 / v1.38.0
- Edit your sent links straight from your Feed via the new gear icon at the bottom of your feed cards! You’ll only see this gear icon if you are the sender of the link, and clicking on it brings up the Edit Share modal.
- Users were unable to enter the password on a password-protected GetLink.
- The context menu was not appearing on the Projects grid.
- If the user received an error message on Workspace creation, the modal would not close after a successful Workspace was created.
- The Create Workspace modal also was not generating a unique hostname per each Workspace name, meaning Workspace names all had to be unique at the time.
- In your Feed, if a recipient’s Workspace contained capital letters then clicking on that Workspace filter would show 0 items.
- The “ and * characters were causing issues when included in the filename of an uploaded asset. We now strip these out.
- We updated the copy for the asset activity event for copying the given asset.
- The Feed loading icon would occasionally stutter indefinitely.
- The first and last name Registration modal was not appearing for users on the desktop application who attempted to sign up by clicking “Have a sign in?” when they did not.
Release Notes 11.14.2018 / v1.37.00
- There were no guardrails warning a user when he or she logged out of the application with an upload in progress.
- We added new copy to feed cards indicating how many other recipients the link was sent to.
- Deleting a project via the context menu while inside of it was not relocating you back to the Projects grid.
- The user icon on paid accounts was not linking to the user tab of the Project modal.
- When deleting a folder and an asset via the action menu the user was receiving two delete confirmation modals.
- We changed the sample feed card to be tied to feed creation, not workspace creation.
- Spaces in audio filenames were causing playback errors.
- Recent items had an empty state which indicated the user could upload onto it.
- Feed card activity was not being properly displayed if the action was taken on any asset in the link’s playlist but the first.
- Creating a folder now auto-directs to the text field.
- We diversified Review link error messages.
Release Notes 11.12.2018 / v1.36.1
- The unread indicator on the navigation bar’s Feed icon was contingent on which page of the feed was currently loaded.
- A user was able to create a new Workspace and switch into it while uploading, thus cancelling the upload without warning.
- The first de-select of the email notification setting within the sharing modal was not registering.
- After setting project customization, it was only visible after a page refresh.
- In sent items, only the sender’s avatar was loading into the user card.
- We added an invalid character message for users attempting to create a Workspace name containing the ‘ character.
- Edits to project descriptions were not saving.
- The copy link icon in Review was copying whatever URL you were on, rather than the root URL for that link.
- A user clicking "Have a sign in?" when they do not have a SHIFT account was causing a login loop.
- We modified the copy on the create Workspace modal.
- We modified the copy of the magic link expiration page.
Release Notes 11.5.2018 / v1.35.0
- Audio files were not selectable via their thumbnail image.
- We improved and simplified the update/edit Link workflow.
- Sort order in a share was not sticking
- We strengthened how storage is calculated for pending uploads.
- The sender of a link was inconsistently being alerted by email of link views.
- Some characters in file names were causing upload errors
- New upload desktop notifications are now triggered when the asset has processed, not uploaded, as there is a period of processing time between the two.
- Anonymous users were showing up blank on feed cards.
- Sample projects had no customization or sample assets.
- The sample project also did not list you as the owner at first.
- When the Sharing modelwas open, hitting space opened the QuickView.
- We made a pass at capitalization and punctuation through the app.
- Feed was not showing all items under every filter.
- We implemented clearer error messages to let the user know why an action cannot be performed.
- We removed PDF export for the time being.
- In Safari, users were unable to drag and drop assets internally.
- We now allow special characters in workspace names.
- A feed-only user, a Reviewer, controlled all approvals on a share.
- Getlinks being added to your feed were not displaying the Unread marker.
- Playback failed in review due to an improving change; we fixed this shortly after.
- Project deletion was showing a project skeleton after deletion.
- We removed a forced refresh on /browse.
- Folder upload was showing the shift to share overlay.
- Videos added by intergration were not playing back.
- Firefox users were not being blocked from accessing Early Access -- they currently are.
- Nothing appeared to happen when assets were moved from a folder into the root project level.
- If you were the sender of a Link, your note wasn’t appearing on the feed card.
- We fixed realtime comment updates in Review.
- We implemented an empty state for projects with customization.
- We blocked mobile devices.
- We added both the Workspace name and Hostname to the Usage modal.
- Favicon and load screen were changed to reflect the Blue SHIFT logo.
Release Notes 10.30.18 / v1.34.0
- We made a number of streamlined changes to your Feed. We now allow users to choose their sorting method: you can sort by Newest Items or Date Updated, and from there further filter down to Unread items, Done items and All items.
- Your feed cards also sport a number of new features: you’ll see the most recent activity on that Review page at the top of the feed card (example: “Katherine commented on Asset 2 hours ago”) and the most recent comment within a speech bubble near the bottom, accompanied by the commenter’s avatar! Click on that comment and be taken right to it within the Review page.
- You can now enter spaces and other non-alphanumeric characters in your Workspace name.
- You’ll also see a handy blue triangular tag in the upper lefthand corner of unread feed cards -- this indicates that you have not yet viewed this item.
- We implemented infinite scroll for Recent Items where previously we displayed only the most recent of uploads.
- We bug-fixed viewing and commenting issues on vertical videos in the Review page
- Brush comments were not being committed via a specific path
- Files occasionally would reappear after they were moved.
- We removed the Shift to Share overlay from folder upload.
- We bug fixed defective loaders in the Feed, which should only appear when we are actively fetching more content,
- New workspaces were not always displaying the Sample project on first load, and these workspaces were not present in the Workspace switcher.
- After creating a new project, the Team menu showed the creator as “User” for some time.
- We made a number of UI tweaks and improvements to form elements, tool tips and search bars.
- Improvements were made to Feed’s logic and we ensured activities were properly updating on the feed card. For example, under a certain set of conditions some feed cards were reporting comments on a Review page before that Review page was even created.
- We added the user’s email to “Check your Email” notices.
- Google Auth login from a Review page was booting the user back to Feed after logging in.
- We removed the Advanced tab from the Create Project Wizard for free accounts.
- The Feed item count on the dashboard was not showing a correct amount of unread items.
- Audio files were showing a blank screen -- we implemented a wavform display instead.
- The contextual search box was dragging the window if you clicked on it and moved your mouse
- Sprite scrubbing was showing repeat frames.
- When switching workspaces while in Asset Detail we now boot you to Projects and don’t keep displaying the asset you were viewing in the origin workspace.
- Desktop notifications were not deeplinking for a small number of actions.
- On slow connection, measured upload speed would sometimes drop to 0Mb/s and not recover.
- If you had a space in your name you were unable to create a workspace. We now alow this.
- Reviewers were unable to log in via the main login portal until they made a workspace.
- Scrolling to the bottom of your feed sometimes crashed the application.
- Editing the title of an asset in the Asset Detail page was not updating the breadcrumbs.
- It was previously possible to access a view option that we had excluded from the application through a right-click context menu.
- We implemented an empty state on the Workspace switcher.
- Deleting 50+ assets at once was causing an error.
- Uploads were not cancelling
- We fixed, and continue to resolve, a number of issues around updating a previously Sent Item.
- There was a tooltip for “Copy Link” but not “Download” in Review.
- We removed the timecode from comments on images in Review.
- We resolved a number of small bugs around the Audience in Review -- who gets added and when.
- We formatted the feed cards to account for newly made brush comments.
- We added loaders in to various areas of the application where we want to indicate this to the user, and normalized their size.
- If a share was approved by any recipient, Anonymous Reviewer appears to have it pre-approved in their comment bar.
- The project tree was not populated after a refresh in Projects.
- Infinite scroll broke on Projects briefly when we added it to Recent Items.
- Expired feed items were not being treated as Unread in all aspects of the Feed
- Recent items had UI defects when an asset was moved into the Tree
- We added a loading state to newly-created folders as there were UI defects if opened before ready
- Clicking the comment on an expired feed card brought me to the expired Review page; this should not be openable from Feed
- Marking an item as done didn’t mark it as read
- The Unread count on Feed Dashboard was wrong
- We were seeing the wrong empty state after contextual searches on the Projects grid
- Longer titles on feed cards were extending out of the card
- The Sent Items empty state was cut off on standard 13" screen
- We fixed the ability to Shift to Share folders -- or rather, this was never possible but seemed so do to the UI.
- When you sent a link, the copy of it in your own feed was marked Unread
Release Notes 10.23.18 / v1.31.0
- We made improvements to downloading multiple assets at once. Now we batch download them to your Downloads file rather than asking where each individual file should be saved.
- You can now use drag and drop to move existing folders into one another.
- While playing back videos in the Review page, SHIFT’s player will remember how far you were in the video if you navigate away and return again, or if you refresh the page.
- Also in the Review page, we added an icon the upper-right hand corner which will allow you to copy that Review page’s URL, even while on Desktop, to share out as you’d like.
- When someone approves certain assets in your share, those assets will indicate approvals in the Review page’s Playlist with a small blue checkmark. This is to help better indicate which specific assets in a multi-asset share are approved.
- We’ve introduced a number of Feed improvements, with more to come: the latest activity on a share is now displayed at the top of the feed card (comments, replies and approvals, specifically), we’ve added a Done filter to help you de-clutter, and we added a speech bubble near the bottom of the feed card which displays the last comment left.
- We’ve taken a pass at the application and begun adding form validation to various text fields of the application. This will help guide the user in the event that they enter invalid emails, previously-used workspace names, etc.
- The Project tree structure was not automatically updating to reflect newly created folders.
- Dragging and dropping an image from your computer onto the application was turning the application into an image viewer in certain areas. Uploading new assets is only possible while in Projects, and you can no longer drop files onto other areas of the application.
- Feed improvements: as we continue to build out a robust Feed, we’ve resolved a number of small bugs around feed filters (we now only allow you to apply one filter at a time), opening shares from other applications in their own respective windows, clearing search terms from your Feed searches, and some additional minor defects around marking various share types as “Read” and “Done”.
- Review: we made various improvements and fixes to the Review experience.Videos with a timecode offset now play back smoothly, and we resolved some “jittery” timecode issues in the millisecond field Playback was previously choppier on the desktop application than on the webThe review page’s video player is now playable after a thirty-minute pauseWe resolved small bugs around selecting and de-selecting the brush comment tools in ReviewIf you shared the same asset twice, comments from Share A were appearing on Share BAfter a video in a Review link had been played through, the player would show a black screen. Clicking on time-coded comments after a video ends would then still show a black screen, rather than displaying the video frame which the comment is tied to.Comment text was getting deleted if that comment was marked as completed, and there were comment controls present for some shares which disallowed feedback, although the comments did not stick.Password-protected shares were showing an “Invalid Password” and disallowing the user from opening the share, despite the correct password being entered. Also, occasionally these shares wouldn’t load the first asset. We smoothed out defects around approvals and revoking them as well.
- Personalization: We’ve fixed a number of small bugs around displaying basic user information such as names and avatars. We now respect whatever capitalization you use when entering your name, and fixed a small number of scenarios in which your avatar would not display.
- Assets were failing to delete via a specific path.
- Version names were not being respected if this version was created on the desktop application, and specifically on the Asset Detail page.
- New SHIFT users were not appearing in a share’s audience after their user profile was created.
- We caught and fixed a small number of display bugs.
- While we load your assets, instead of messaging indicating that you have no assets yet we’ve re-introduced a loading state: a small, spinning wheel indicating that we’re fetching your content.
- SHIFT should remember your display preferences while navigating from one area of the application to another. We resolved a bug where the “Team” drawer in Projects was not staying open if I returned to my Projects from another area.
- We’ve made regular passes at the application to ensure that our terminology is the same throughout.
- Hiding SHIFT’s upload tray was also erasing processing assets from view, although they were still processing and would re-appear once complete.
- Text fields were not recognizing keyboard input in Safari, meaning that Safari users were unable to log in to the application.
- Under some circumstances, importing items from the Review screen was causing an error.
- We were getting warnings that we had insufficient storage when creating a version from two already-existing assets (which should not impact storage).
- The application threw an error if you attempted to delete a Project while located inside of it.
- The application was also throwing an error while fetching results under certain circumstances in Global Search. Additionally, navigating from a newly-created folder to Recent Items was causing an error.
- For a brief amount of time, an Asset’s title and description were not editable.
- On desktop, manual uploads (not drag and drop) were failing, also for a brief amount of time.
- When creating a folder, pressing the space bar would open the QuickView display for other assets in that project.
- Only 100 assets in a project were showing at a time (for projects with 100+ assets). Now you'll see all your assets as expected.